Feminine Hygiene Tips
Taking care of your body's hygiene should always be a priority, especially when it comes to feminine hygiene. You have to understand that it’s not only about whether or not your body smells good and feels fresh – there’s a lot more to it than that!
This article will discuss the importance of feminine hygiene, but not only that – we will also share some great tips on how to easily maintain good hygiene.
What Is Feminine Hygiene?
Feminine hygiene, as you can guess by the term, is referring to the act of taking care of the hygiene of the female aspects of the body. Luckily, the vagina itself is created with a unique ability to cleanse itself and get rid of any waste.
There certain things you should do to maintain proper hygiene, with the most basic act being washing your private parts using clear, warm water, and some gentle soap. However, there’s more to feminine hygiene than washing yourself including using different menstrual hygiene products, as well as wearing clean, breathable underwear each day.
But why is this type of hygiene so important, you ask? Without proper hygiene, you are exposing yourself to the risk of various health conditions including urinary tract infections, yeast infections, fungal infections and even, possibly increasing your risk of cervical cancer. Luckily, there are different feminine hygiene products (sometimes referred to as menstrual hygiene products) on the market that you can use to achieve and maintain good hygiene throughout your life.
Keep in mind that using more feminine hygiene products does not necessarily mean improved hygiene. Using too much of any hygiene products can pose certain risks as well. This is why you should choose your menstrual hygiene products with care, and use them appropriately.
Feminine Hygiene Products
Nowadays there are various feminine hygiene products on the market, all of which are designed to make the act of maintaining good hygiene easier. Feminine hygiene products refer to products that are used by women for menstruation, vaginal discharge, and other functions related to the vagina and vulva.
When it comes to feminine hygiene products, there are two basic types of products – external and internal protection. Each of these types of protection comes in reusable or disposable forms. Let’s take a look at some of the most common types of menstrual hygiene products:
- Reusable, absorbable period panties
- Sea sponge tampons
- Reusable, cloth pads
- Reusable menstrual cups
Body dysmorphic disorder (BDD) causes an individual to believe that a specific part of their body is seriously deformed, disfigured, or problematic.
- Sanitary pads
In addition to period products for vaginal hygiene, there are also various other products for maintaining hygiene, including:
- Vaginal deodorants
- Feminine wipes
- Feminine soaps
Tips on How to Maintain Perfect Feminine Hygiene
In addition to using various menstrual hygiene products to achieve and maintain proper feminine hygiene, there are a variety of tips you can follow, including:
- Watch what you eat – A well-balanced diet is essential for health, including feminine hygiene. A healthy diet means consuming a diet that is rich in fresh fruits and vegetables, fiber, lean proteins and lots of water. Not only will you avoid the risk of diabetes, cardiovascular disease, stroke, heart attack, and other health conditions, you will also be helping to maintain good hygiene.
- Let your vagina breathe – Stay away from any synthetic materials and stick to breathable, cotton underwear. Also, make sure that you change your underwear at least once a day.
- Do not overuse feminine hygiene products – Feminine hygiene products can only do so much for you, so you have to remember to use them according to the directions. That means staying away from any excessive use of the menstrual hygiene products and staying away from any harsh soaps and vaginal deodorants that will likely do more harm than good.
- Stay away from bacteria – after using the toilet, remember to wipe from front to back, which helps to prevent bacteria from entering your vagina.
- Stay clean during your menstrual period – During your menstrual period, hygiene is even more important. During this time, remember to change your tampons and sanitary napkins regularly and wash yourself at least twice a day. During your menstrual period, it’s best to avoid using vaginal deodorants and wipes.
Proper feminine hygiene is essential for your health and helps to avoid health concerns such as urinary tract infections, yeast infections, and other fungal infections. Washing yourself with warm water and gentle soap every day is the first step you can take towards good hygiene.
To further improve your feminine hygiene, you can also take additional steps, including consuming a healthy and balanced diet, choosing cotton underwear, using proper toileting techniques, using menstrual hygiene products in moderation, and keeping clean during your menstrual cycle.