Family Planning and Adoption
The decision to have children is certainly important and should be given serious consideration.
Family planning allows women to choose the number of pregnancies they have as well as the intervals in between. For many people, family planning impacts their financial planning, career planning, and overall happiness and health.
Fortunately, there are many options available that can help women assess their plans and make proper decisions accordingly.
How It Works
The most helpful tool in family planning is using a contraceptive. There are many options available that can suit lifestyle, budget, and preference.
Family planning options include:
- Female sterilization
- Male sterilization
- Fertility tracking
- Ovulation tracking
No contraceptive method is considered 100% efficient. However, using one or more of these options have proven effective in avoiding unwanted pregnancies.
Benefits of Family Planning
- Reduces the rate of unsafe abortion – Unwanted pregnancy may lead to dangerous measures. Providing women with contraceptives and education allow them the understanding and tools necessary to avoid unwanted pregnancy.
- Reduces pregnancy in adolescents – Adolescent mothers are more likely to experience complications during labor and experience other lifelong implications that impact their education and health.
- Prevents health risks – Women that have certain health risks may want to avoid pregnancy or space pregnancies to ensure a safer outcome.
- Reduces infant mortality rates – Poorly spaced pregnancies may play a role in an infant’s ability to thrive.
- Limits population – Booming populations impact the economy and environment.
- Educates – Family planning keeps people informed about their options and resources during every stage of pregnancy.
Family planning is certainly a valuable tool for women who want to have more control over their health. However, there are still limiting factors that make it difficult for women to access the necessary tools and information to make the best choices for their life. Poverty, social restraints, and lack of healthcare professionals are among the leading reasons that many women experience unplanned pregnancies around the globe.
This is why it is important to continue the discussion and outreach so that more women have access to the tools and information that they need to remain in control of their reproductive health.
Knee locking causes pain and stiffness, making it hard for a person to move their knee. Here are the different types of locked knees and how to treat them.
Where to Get Help
Family planning and contraceptive options should be discussed with a healthcare provider.
Many factors determine which options are best for you. A complete medical history will assist in determining the ideal resources.
Remember that information shared between yourself and your medical provider are completely confidential and protected under the law.
Another important aspect of family planning is the option for adoption.
Even with the education and access to family planning resources, there are some situations where adoption is a viable solution for unplanned or unwanted pregnancies.
There are many options when it comes to adoption where the birth mother can be involved in the process as much as she wants to be.
Is Adoption Right for You?
There are many reasons that people choose to place their child for adoption. Examples are:
- Lack of emotional or financial support to raise a child
- Not emotionally ready to be a parent
- Does not want to be a parent
- Pregnancy is a result of rape/abuse
- Does not want to be a single parent
- Not in a safe, secure or healthy relationship with another parent
- Feels it is best for the child to be placed elsewhere
No matter the reason, there are resources available to help you navigate the process toward what is best for you and your baby.
If you are considering placing our baby for adoption, there are many resources available.
- Adoption counselors – assists you with the emotional impacts of placing your baby as well as helping you locate the best family for the infant.
- Social service workers – may help with the logistics as well as the emotional aspect of the process.
- Adoption agency – assists in locating an adoptive family based on your preferences.
Do What Is Right For You
There are many critical components to family planning.
Whether you want to protect yourself against unplanned pregnancy or want to understand your options if you are pregnant, there are resources available that can help you make the best choices for your future, health, and well-being.
If you would like more information, reach out to your medical provider for questions or information about other resources.